Monday, May 11, 2009

"Not Me! Monday!"




Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to http://www.blogger.com/%3Ca%20href= blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.


So, this is my very first Not Me! Monday! post. I'm hoping to start blogging more frequently and have a "theme" for every day of the week. I'll also post some new pics from Mother's Day yesterday.



1) I did not sleep through my alarm clock two days in a row making me 20 minutes late for both our Mother's Day brunch with my parents and a staff meeting for work this morning. I hate being late to things! I am not lacking on sleep in the least, so there is no reason how I could possibly sleep through my alarm.



2) Being the Earth conscious person that I am, I most certainly did not pretend to not see my empty Starbucks cup that my son was playing with sitting in the shopping cart when I put it back in the stall at the grocery store. During said grocery trip, I also did not open the bag of tortilla chips for my son to snack on. Who lets their 20month old eat unpaid for tortilla chips in the grocery store? Especially when the tupperware of Cheerios were not left sitting on the kitchen counter and were sitting right in my diaper bag!



3) After leaving the grocery store (eventful trip!), I definitely did not turn the wrong way onto a one-way street! After one person honking at me and reading the "Do Not Enter" sign that smacked me in the face right after my turn, I quickly realized the error that I did not make. I also did not call the driver who flipped me off and yelled at me out their window (after I realized said mistake that I did not make) an *sshole with my son in the car right behind me! I never swear in front of my child and especially don't exhibit any kind of road rage with him in the car.



4) Lastly, I have not had Starbucks five out of seven days since putting myself on a Starbucks ban. All were completely not justified by the fact that two of them were paid for with a Starbucks card I got in the mail from the hospital I work for because of nurses week and the next three I "deserved" because I was working over-time on Saturday night, Sunday was Mother's Day, and I had to get up early-early (for me!) to go to said staff meeting that I was 20min late for on my day off. Nope. None of those drinks were mine! I've been very diligent about reducing my Starbucks intake...



I hope you enjoyed my first Not Me! Monday! post. Hopefully I'll keep up with it every week. Any creative ideas for other "posts of the day" (for Tues, Wed, Thurs, Fri)?


Here are some pictures from my Mother's Day yesterday. I had a great day, despite my lack of sleep after working all night. Brunch with my parents and Grandma. I stuffed myself and made my stomach hurt, but it was tasty! We then headed up to my in-laws for a while to see my mother-in law. My husband got me a digital picture key chain and helped my son finger paint me a picture! I also bought myself a Slice machine my Memory Makers as a Mother's Day gift :) Many of these pictures were taken at my in-laws' and at my parents' house.

I've been fiddling with the settings on my new camera, as well as being a little more adventurous with my Photoshop Elements. I like the results! I hope you do to. I got some tips on creating very color-saturated photos from a post at http://www.mycharmingkids.net/. Click here to read her post about it.


















No comments:

Post a Comment