Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Sasquatch

As you know, Ben and I went on a "mini-vacay" as I call it, by ourselves, without the babe! I was a little worried that it wouldn't go well, mostly for me (I knew Miles would be just fine with his grandparents!). After we got to George, WA, I was fine. It is mostly the travel part that I get worried about (you know, not trusting other drivers, esp since it was the busy holliday weekend).

First stop was The Gorge Amphitheater for Sasquatch Music Festival. We saw Nine Inch Nails (which I actually liked!) and Janes Addiction (which I did not prefer). Though I have been to the Gorge many times in the past, I am still suprised by how HOT it is during the day and how COLD it gets at night!

We begin our trip (I think this was actually taken in the McDonald's parking lot in Moses Lake):



This year, the Gorge extended camping and used half the parking lot for it. Tents everywhere!


We made it through security! Beautiful day.





This is how clear the sky was:


This helped me survive the sun...well worth the $5!

Well, this and a lot of sunscreen :)

And the concert began (well there was music all day, but this was the begining of Nine Inch Nails)


And the sun began to set...




And the music played on.




And the sun continued to set.




Until it was long past dark and it got very cold. We walked back to the car and drove to Cle Elum and sayed over night. The next day, our adventures continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment