Friday, June 5, 2009

Got some projects DONE!

Well, I was off for two weeks, and though we didn't get as much done as I would have liked, we did finish some big projects (they're all pretty big actually!).

I finally finished putting up our new doors and knobs. It was about a 3 month long process...who would have thought hanging six doors could have been that complicating!

Here is the final door, the pantry door in our kitchen. This wall needs to be painted (will be olive green)...maybe in a few weeks!




The other big project was painting our hallway and entry way, as well as the trim in the entry way. We painted it "Holmes Cream" by Valspar. It was tricky, took some brainstorming and elbow grease, but it is finished! I don't think we'll be repainting it for a looooong time!

Here is the entry way with the sign I made above the door:



You see, the trickiest part is that to the left of the stairs going down is another 1/2 flight going down, making it really high from the bottom of the basement stairs to the ceiling!

The rest of the finished doors (bedrooms, bathroom, coat and linen closets):

I'd like to use this hallway wall as a "photo wall" with family pictures.



So, that is it for now. I still am behind on posts about our trip to Seattle and up to "the lake". I'll catch up some day....maybe :)

No comments:

Post a Comment