Wednesday, August 25, 2010

My Pregnancy: 31 Weeks


This was last week at 30wk 2d. I had just gotten back from grocery shopping and was tired and hot!



Today at 31wk 2d. Don't mind the forest of weeds behind me!

How Far Along: 31 weeks(and 2 day now!)

Weight Gain: According to the scale at my doctor's office, I'm up a total of 30lbs so far. I didn't gain any these past two weeks (didn't lose, just stayed the same). That was exciting to me. Now I need to make sure I don't have a crazy gain two weeks from now!

Maternity Clothes: I'm going to change this to "New Baby Buys". Nothing has changed in the clothing department! So, this week (or last week) we got our new stroller in the mail that was a gift from my in-laws!!! It was so easy to put together and folds up so small. I can't wait to use it for the baby, but have tested it out on Miles in the mean time. I was able to push Miles around with one hand, while holding a shopping bag in my other, and maneuver around corners and up a ramp! I'm pretty impressed with it thus far.

It is the Baby Jogger City Mini. The only "problem" is that it doesn't come with a cup holder for the parents. I may be purchasing a parent console for it soon.


While downtown with Miles (where we were trying out the new stroller), I did a little browsing, that turned into a little shopping. I purchased a new diaper bag with my "birthday money" from my parents. It is a Petunia Pickle Bottom that I found at Baby Gap.

I'm going to refrain from using it until Isla is here. I plan to pack it up with all the newborn essentials over the next few weeks to get it ready. It already has my nursing cover in it.

Belly Button Innie or Outtie: Usually an innie, but sometimes it is flat. It never turned out with Miles, just went flat with him.

Sleep: Just about the same. Getting up to use the bathroom. Getting sick of sleeping on my side. I can't wait to sleep on my back again. With Miles, I slept on my back a lot, but this time, I find I just can't do it. Makes me feel weird and I never wake up that way on accident anymore, either.

Symptoms: Still having heartburn and developed a cough from it. I finally discussed it with my doctor and got a prescription for some Prilosec. I have had less Tums the past few days, so perhaps it is starting to help? Here's hoping! I'm back to getting exhausted with every little thing, like in the first trimester. Going to the park for a few hours, grocery shopping, running errands, etc leaves me beat and wanting to lay down.



Cravings: The only thing I've craved this week has been ice water. I've been drinking so much water, which I guess is a good thing!


Gender: Still a girl, unless she has changed in the past two weeks!


Baby: Isla is now around 3# 5oz and approximately 16inches long head to toe (or longer). She is going to start plumping up in the next few weeks and will be hitting a growth spurt soon!


Movement: She is moving all over the place! I feel like she keeps flipping around. I can now feel different movements all over and have no idea if she is still laying like she was a few weeks ago. I'm feeling something round and hard under my left ribs and hoping it is a bum and not a head! If it is a head, she still has time to flip, but it makes me nervous.


Things I'm Looking Forward to in the coming week: I'm most excited for finishing Miles' activity table that I built with my Dad. There will be a separate post about it, but it is turning out really well! When it is finished, I'll be doing some rearranging and finishing in Miles' room, then on to the "nursery".

I've started into "nesting" mode again and made a very long list of things to do around the house before the baby comes (preferably in the next month), but need the energy to complete it. I broke it down room-by-room, so hoping it will be easier to tackle if there is a game plan for each week through September.

No comments:

Post a Comment