Tuesday, March 6, 2012

More House Changes

I finally tackled cleaning and organizing my craft room.  It became a complete catch-all and storage room.  It is still being used for some storage, but at least you can see the floor!

The books in this bookcase have been sitting in boxes in this room since the day we moved in...almost 4 years ago!  I had to get those boxes off the floor.

This is my desk that houses my sewing machine. In the corner on the  right are  important papers and scrabooking papers, embellishments, pictures, etc.  The desk also houses a few boxes that contain random scrabooking and sewing supplies.  It might not be super pretty, but everything  is now in its rightful place and labeled.
Clearly there is still some random storage going on.  I'm not sure what to do with that computer that is now 10 years old and doesn't work.  I hesitate to get rid of it for some reason.  Just like I hesitate to get rid of the infant swing...

The other side of the room houses my craft table, the crib, and Miles' twin bed.  Making room to store his twin bed down here was my inspiration for organizing this room finally. 
Love a clear craft space!

I also organized my wrapping  supplies.  I know it doesn't look like anything special, but all the paper, bags, tissues and ribbons are now nicely put away in a LARGE gift bag...contained!

This is in  the closet next to the dresser.

I cleaned a bunch of random things out of this dresser (clearly, some  random things still exist).  It is now  full of my fabric! 

The first drawer is random things (pictures, etc), the second drawer is unfinished projects and some fabric.  The last two are just fabric. 

Well, that's it.  Nothing fancy!  I did realize the sheer volume of scrapbooking supplies I actually own and the huge amount of fabric I have!  I'm planning on making Isla some dresses for  spring/summer and was going to go shopping for fabric next week...Well, I went shopping in my basement instead and found several cute fabrics I can use!

This whole project took me about 2.5 hours (sitting in the dark because the light was burned out and all I had was the lamp from the playroom) and three trash bags. 

Random side story:  While cleaning out the dresser, I found a bunch of things from college (papers, course catalogs, etc).  I came across my acceptance letter to nursing school and loved reading it again.  Brought tears to my eyes...I'm such a sap :).  I distinctly remember the day I got that letter, sitting at my parents dining table on Black Friday, 2004, studying for my muscle or bone test for A&P.  I heard the mail man come and just "knew" he had my letter from the school.  I waited for him to pull away, then walked calmly to the box.  Sure enough, the big packet was there!  I walked calmly back inside then ripped it open and read my letter through tear filled eyes.  No one was home, so I immediately called my Dad, who was at the office, and told him the news.  I think he thought someone had died, as I was a blubbering mess :).  Ahhh, that day changed my life.  It was my dream for as long as I can remember.  Nursing school was difficult, many long hours, but amazing and I loved almost every minute.  I am so blessed to have landed my dream job right out of school and have now been a NICU nurse for FIVE years!!!  (eeek!  How did I get so old?)  I have an amazing job and amazing coworkers.  How lucky am I that I get to see the miracles of God every day at work?  It's easy to get caught up in the hustle  and bustle of every day life and stresses. It is all too easy to focus on my 1st world problems.  I needed a reminder of the many blessings in my life.  This is a huge blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment