Sunday, December 26, 2010

Pretty Girl

One of my favorite parts of Christmas this year was dressing up my beautiful little girl in something special for Christmas Eve service. I didn't want anything too fancy or frilly. Nothing green and red plaid, tulle, or organza. Just something simple and sweet. It took a while to find, especially considering everyone was out of the specific jumper I wanted in her size....except one store! My mom and I (with Miles and Isla in tow) shopped for a few hours to find her outfit. I completed the outfit a few days before Christmas.



When I saw this black velvet jumper with a satin bow at the top, I fell in love. They had those cute shrug sweaters to go with. Underneath, she was wearing a cute cream colored onsie.

We weren't able to find tights in her size at any of the stores we went to and dress shoes didn't even enter my mind (why spend money on dress shoes for a 2 month old?!?!).

However, a few days before Christmas, Miles convinced me to go into a local consignment shop that sells gently used kids clothing. He likes to play with the toys there :). While he was playing for a few minutes, I looked through the girls clothes, shoes, etc, not planning to buy anything. Until I ran across these adorable black Patten leather mary janes with bows and an adorable pair of cream ruffle-butt tights (though in 3-6 month size).




Well worth the $3 spent! I could not get over how adorable she looked in her Christmas outfit. It was perfect!

After Christmas Eve service with my family, we went up to my in-laws house to stay the night and have Christmas morning there. It is a tradition in their family to open pajamas on Christmas Eve. These were the adorable pajamas Miss Isla got:



LOVED the tutu and sparkly snowflake!



She sported the pajamas/outfit all day on Christmas :). Girls are so much fun!

1 comment:

  1. cute cute cute!!! i'm trying not to be jealous! :) looks like you are having so much fun. enjoy the rest of your holiday season.

    ReplyDelete