Monday, January 3, 2011

2 Months

My baby is (over) 2 months old now!  This post is a little late...sorry :).  On December 21, Isla celebrated her 2 month birthday.  She went for her 2month well baby on the 22nd, where she checked out fine and got her shots :(.  She weighed in at 11lbs 6oz (65th %) and measured 23.5inches (88th %).  Long skinny gal!

And just for fun...a picture of Miles at 2 months :)

Here are a few pictures taken during her second month.








She smiles all the time now and is becoming more interactive every day.  She is a great sleeper (sleeping a good 7-10hour stretch each night!).  She is also a good eater and growing well.  However, we had a small issue that started the day of her doctor appointment...she started refusing a bottle!  I had to start back to work this past Friday, so we were afraid it was going to be a problem.  The first night I was gone, she reluctantly took 4.5oz around 10pm after some fussing and refusing, then slept until 8am (even though I got home around 2am).  Saturday night, she didn't resist the bottle as much and took 4oz around 9:30.  After she fell asleep around 10:30, she slept till 8am, again!  She even took a bottle yesterday, when I was in the house.  I'm hoping we're through that issue and don't have to worry about it anymore.

As I just mentioned, I started back to work this past weekend.  I only did 2 half shifts, but it went better than I had expected.  I was off for 10.5weeks and am easing back into my regular full time schedule.  I had some feelings of anxiety, but nothing that I couldn't easily get past.  No tears were shed on my part.  I had a pretty easy first night with plenty of time to remember my routine and all my charting, etc.  The second night was a bad night in our unit...very sad night.  Thankfully, they don't happen very often, but they sure remind me to cuddle my kids a little longer and be eternally grateful for every moment that I have with my happy healthy children!


1 comment:

  1. She's a doll! We're all blessed with healthy kiddos and that's great.

    ReplyDelete