Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Christmas #2

So, I have 2 more Christmases to blog about.  I've been a bad blogger!  Whoops! 

Christmas #2 started after Christmas Eve service with Grandma and Grandpa O.  After the service, we headed up to Grandma Sara and Grandpa Tom's house to stay the night and wait for Santa a second time.  They have a tradition of opening Christmas PJs on Christmas Eve, so we did that before trying to put Miles to bed.  He was obviously excited.

We woke up Christmas morning (not so bright, but early) to this:
Miles got up at 6am and went to wake up Grandma and Grandpa, as well as Uncle Danny, while we got ourselves together and made some coffee!
Like I said, he was excited!
But first things first, he had to turn on the Christmas tree lights.
Then it was tine to open our stockings!
Miles' stocking was filled with many things, train cars, Seahawk socks (that weren't so lucky this past Sunday...), a fire truck t-shirt and a Thomas t-shirt,
and his ornament (which I didn't get a picture of) which was a little boy dressed up in a Seahawks uniform with a football.
Then we began with the rest of the presents.


You can see out the window...the sun is just starting to rise!
 

This one is for Uncle Tyler.  He got these bathtub boats for Isla.  Miles wanted to show them to her and for her to play with them... :)
Whenever she is taking a bath, Miles makes sure she has one of her boats with her!

Here is Ben in his new coat...which he loves.  He was badly in need of a new winter coat, and picked this one out to ask Santa for.  He says it keeps him warm, even when it is 5 degrees out.  His brother, Uncle Danny, has a similar coat, and it works well even in North Dakota, where he is now going to school.  It's a serious winter coat!

After Isla's nap, she was a happy girl.  Especially happy to wake up to her boats!

Here is Uncle Danny and Miles setting up the Cars racetrack that Uncle Danny got for him.  It required a bit of assembly and Miles enjoyed building it, as well as playing with it.

This is Isa's First Christmas ornament (one of them, anyhow) from Grandma and Grandpa M.  I absolutely love it!

And Ben's ornament.  A fishing Santa (because of all the fishing he does up at the cabin with his dad).

I also failed to get a picture of my ornament, which is an angel.

Here's the loot!  Quite the pile this year.  We managed to fit it all in the car nicely, minus Isla's main gift, which was a Pack n Play.  It's the kind with the Newborn Napper feature, which she really seems to like.  You can see some of my gifts in here, which I didn't feature for some reason.  I got a new nice sweatshirt (which I think I was wearing by the time I snapped this pic because Miles insisted that I take off my new red fleece pajamas so he could put them on and be Santa!), a cookie spatula and cookie scoops, mixing bowls (ours were all to small for easily mixing a batch of cookies, which Miles loves to do), and new bathroom towels!  While the things on my list were more "boring" everyday things, they are things I've been wanting to have, but not wanting to spend the money on.  I love them all!  

And my favorite present of all:
We had a great second Christmas.  After breakfast, we headed down to 'nother Grandma and Grandpa's house for Christmas #3, before heading back up to the M's for Christmas dinner and a second night's stay.

No comments:

Post a Comment