Tuesday, September 18, 2012


As a result of the family reunion, we went spent a day at Silverwood.  Grandma Sara's sister's husband (Bob) had won four free passes during a Mariner's game a few weeks before.  He knew he wouldn't be headed over to the East side, so he gave them to us.  We decided to take the kids and Grandma Sara with us (Isla was free).  It was a nice, sunny, warm day.  Miles was tall enough to ride almost all the rides, but didn't want to go on any roller coasters.
We stopped at this "volcano", which was really a bubbling fountain.  Miles is really into volcanoes right now.

Our first ride was the log ride.  Miles was very excited about the little boats.  He didn't see the big hill before getting on it, so he wasn't scared.  I was afraid if he knew about the hill, he wouldn't want to go, but he really enjoyed it!

Then he rode a helicopter. 
Isla rode a few rides, but mostly rode on Daddy's shoulders.  She's liking the stroller less and less. 
Miles and I rode the Tilt-a-Whirl.  Whew, does that thing spin you around!  Miles and I laughed consistently the whole time.  I had to hold my hand behind Miles' head because it hit the back right where the metal and the cushion meet, making it uncomfortable when he was forced against the seat.

Isla rode the elephants with me.  Miles also rode, but in a different elephant.  Ben was the photographer.  He managed to take a video and several pictures that weren't of any of us...

I think Isla and I are in the teal elephant, behind the yellow one (where Miles was).  You can kind of see Isla's head below the ear and mine above.

I think that is Miles' head you see in this yellow elephant :).
After the elephants, Miles and Ben got in line to ride the antique cars, a favorite of mine as a kid! 

While Ben and Miles waited in line and rode the car, Isla played a pick the duck game, winning a little rubber ducky and we stopped into a gift shop where Isla tried on some goofy hats!

There was also a bunch of purple unicorn stuffed animals on a shelf down low (you can see the foot of one behind her to the left).  She saw them and proceeded to pick up, hug, and put back each of them!

Like I said, Isla is liking the confinement of the stroller less and less.  She likes to walk everywhere.  At this age, it's a bit frustrating as she is easily distracted!  She is also easy to lose in a crowd.

After a these rides, Ben and Sara rode the umbrellas (like a ferris wheel type thing).  I took Miles to ride a plane.  He got on and asked, "Where does Uncle Danny live?"  I told him, North Dakota.  He replied, "Right.  I'm going to fly to North Dakota to visit Uncle Danny".  :)

Isla desperately wanted to take part and kept trying to climb under the fence.  This ride has both a height restriction and limit.  You had to be between 42 and 50 some odd inches tall to ride.  Neither Isla nor I qualified, so she couldn't ride.
She could ride the little train "roller coaster", though, which she loved!

Miles rode in the front with this other boy whom he roped into riding with him :).  He makes "best friends" everywhere he goes!  He wanted to be the conductor.
After this train ride, Sara took the kids to the big train that goes through the forest, while Ben and I went on the big coasters!

The roller coasters include Timber Terror, Tremors, and their newest, Aftershock.

Aftershock is inverted.  It takes you up the right side of this, drops you free falling, then goes around a couple loops a twist and up the other side.  When going up the left, you are laying on your back and feel like you're going to slide out head first and can't see where you are.  Then you're dropped back down, through the loops and corkscrews, back up the right, then slowly lowered back to the beginning.  When going up the right, you're looking straight at the ground.  We rode in the middle, which meant we were looking at the ground for a while.  It kind of stops there before it lets you go...what a drop!  I didn't really like sitting at the top of either side, but the rest was fun.  We rode twice.  My legs were shaking each time when I got off!
After we met back up with the kids and Sara, we went back to the train coaster, where Miles rode in the back and was the "bandit" like on the big train (it is "robbed" in the woods and the cowboy takes out the bandit).  Actually, I can't remember if he was pretending to be the cowboy or the bandit...
Then he rode a little kiddie ferris wheel with another "best friend" :).

We stopped at the candy store then hit the road.  Isla fell asleep between the candy store and the parking lot...  She then slept till Coeur d'alene, where we had dinner at Tomato Street.  Miles was overtired and misbehaving, so we ended up taking him to the car for a time out, then Ben ended up sitting with him in the car while Sara, Isla, and I finished our dinners...bummer.
Overall, it was a very fun day!  I would love to go back with just Ben, so we can ride more coasters, but it was fun experiencing it with the kids as they loved the rides.  It was so nice having Grandma Sara along for the ride to help with the kiddos...no way would I go without a third adult :).

No comments:

Post a Comment