Saturday, November 20, 2010

Hanging with the boys

While Isla is very much a mommy's girl for the moment (I'm pretty sure it's because I'm the food source), she does enjoy her time hanging with the boys.

Isla and Daddy just a few nights ago. This daddy is quite in love with his sweet little girl. I have not doubt that she'll soon be a Daddy's-girl!


Miles, big brother, loves to hold Baby Isla. He also likes to "carry her to me", which freaks me out a little. He always wants to carry her to me and tries to pick her up. I'm afraid one day he'll actually do it and drop her. I let him "carry her to me" when I'm sitting next to them on the couch.
He really is quite smitten with her and has only hit her once (when he was mad at me). He's gone from worried/scared when she cries, to very consoling. He'll sit or stand next to her and say "It's okay, Baby Isla. It's okay. You don't need to cry." and usually puts his hand on her head (and once over her mouth!) to soothe her. He also feels the need to tell me when she's crying...like I can't hear her myself :)

Here are some morning brotherly-snuggles:





And, one of me and the babe, just for good measure :)

No comments:

Post a Comment