Sunday, October 28, 2012

Sweet Shoppe Birthday

My sweet baby girl turned 2 last week.  I swear I was just snuggling my newborn soaking up every second.  Time is absolutely flying!  While I miss my newborn girl, I am LOVING watching her grow up and be a girlie-girl like her mama.  Don't get me wrong, she can hold her own with the boys and loves herself some cars and trucks, but she is also shy, gentle, likes babies and pink, painted nails, piggy tails, dresses, and boots :).  She is so full of personality.  A bit stubborn at times.  If she sees something she wants, she will find a way to get it.  She's a mover and a climber, but quiet and hardly talks (her brother talks enough for the both of them).  She only says a few single words (maybe a few dozen?), but understands directions exceptionally well, has wonderful motor skills, and can identify many objects if you ask her to "point to the ___".  She has just recently started saying sentences.  Her first being, "Mama, boot off please".  She regularly says, "help, please", or "help me", and "Abby, no".  (Abby is our cat).
 
Anyhow, we celebrated her birthday today with a small family party and a "Sweet Shoppe" theme.
 


Many of the ideas are inspired by Pinterest, of course :). 

She loved the balloons on the ceiling fan that I did for Miles' party, so I knew I had to do something similar for her.  I went with tissue paper poms and streamers (plastic table clothes).  I wish I had done a few more table clothes on the ceiling, but I do like how it turned out.  Isla was in awe when she came out of her room this morning :).




I was going to make a Happy Birthday banner, but got lazy and didn't put letters on it...haha!
 
 


I went to the candy store at the mall and bought a small amount of many different kinds of pink candies for the jars.  The candy in these three jars, plus two suckers not pictured, was $30!!!  Eeeks.  Oh, well.  Wouldn't have been a "Sweet Shoppe" without candy :).

The food was chicken salad sandwiches on croissants, fruit tray, and veggie tray.

Then the dessert.  I made four kinds of cupcakes.  The cupcake stand was made out of three china plates purchased cheap at Goodwill then hot glued silver candle sticks in between.

The flavors were Strawberry Cheesecake, Chocolate with butter cream and Salted Caramel, S'mores, and Cookies and Cream.

Here's the inside of the Strawberry Cheesecake.  They were inspired by this recipe.  I made my own batter, though.

This is the inside of the S'mores.  Graham cracker crust, chocolate batter, and marshmallow frosting.
 
I used this recipe for the white and chocolate cake batters.  So much better than just the normal recipe from the box and sooo easy!  You still use the box ingrediants, plus a small box of pudding mix and a few different ingredients.  Makes for a much more yummy cake.  The graham cracker crusts were from the strawberry cheesecake recipe.  The Cookies and Cream cupcake was white cake mix with an Oreo on the bottom, butter cream frosting, and crumbled oreos on top.  The chocolate and salted caramel was chocolate cupcake baked, then made a little whole in the middle, poured in salted caramel, with butter cream frosting and drizzled salted caramel on top.
 
I love how the party turned out.  It was a huge hit!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment