Monday, October 29, 2012

Hair

When I found out I was having a girl, one of the things I looked forward to was doing her hair.  I have literally known how to french braid since before I knew how to tie my shoes.  I've been curling my hair since I was six.  And I enjoy (most days) doing fun and different things with my hair.  Over the past six months or so, Isla's hair has finally gotten to a point where I can actually do something with it.  I posted several months ago about her pigtails.  Her hair has continued to grow.
 
I looked online for some ideas of different ways to do her short hair.  One of the cute ways I saw to style it was in "caterpillar" pony tails or pigtails.  I could also put it up in a pony tail, put clips in it, or wet it then scrunch it with gel to make it a bit curly.  Here she is with the caterpillar pony.

 
Well, the girl liked to pull them out when in the car (she'd leave them alone the rest of the time).  When she'd pull them out, she'd pull a bunch of hair with them...she doesn't have many hairs to spare.  Leaving it down and flat looked weird.  She had a mullet.  The back was quite a bit longer than the sides and she has a lions mane ring around her head of small fine baby hairs.
 
I finally decided that pigtails/pony tails will be for special times and the rest of the time, I'll leave her hair down.  That meant one thing...
 
A haircut!  I was so nervous and a little sad about it.

See?  The ends were wispy and longer than the front.

So I cleaned it up a bit :).  Now she has a cute little bob.

This is all the hair I cut off...not much in reality.  I can still pull it up in pigtails or put a clip in it, but it looks a lot cleaner.
 
And now that her hair is shorter, I'm so glad I got her ears pierced!  Not sure if I mentioned that on the blog yet, but she got pretties in her ears :).
 

No comments:

Post a Comment