Thursday, August 20, 2009

Baby Moira and her gift

A few posts ago, I mentioned that my sister was waiting on a very special arrival. Well, shortly after my post, her arrival "arrived". Baby Moira Eileen, my newest niece, was born at 0811 on 8.12.09, weighing in at 8# 13oz! She is adorable, and we cannot wait to meet her.



While she was finishing cooking, I was working on a project for her, well, more so her Mommy (my sister). I've convinced myself, and accepted the fact that, I will have all boys. So, the fact that she had a girl is exciting to me! Another girl I get to do girly things for (I have another niece who is almost 8 months old!). Clothes are so boring and routine, so I decided to do something a little different and made my sister a scrapbook for her little girl's first year. My sister has an 19month old son, so I figured she'd be pretty busy and not have time do make one herself. I should have taken the pages out of the protectors to get better pictures, but you get the idea.



Here is the front cover, waiting for a picture of little Moira (I chose blue so the whole thing wasn't over-the-top girly).



This is the intro page, also waiting for a pic of little Moira (well, they all are...). The circle is for her first initial (which I didn't know until she was born).



The block for all her stats.





This page is to document my sister's pregnancy. The pink box inside the green box (where the picture goes) is the "directions" for the page.

It's A Girl!!! for ultrasound pictures (again the pink block with writing is "directions" for the page).

New Arrival: hospital pictures and journaling block. The green is a little pocket for her hospital bands.
Home from the hospital.

Family page (for pics of grandparents, cousins, aunts and uncles).
One month old
Two months old (October)

Three months old (November)

4 Months old (December/Christmas).

Timeline for months 5, 6, 7, and 8.



Nine months, (May/Mother's day)

10 months (June/Father's day)
11 months (July, should have done red, white and blue, but I guess it ended up pink, white and blue...)
"Summer Fun" The S in the upper left corner says summer fun around it. The page will be a little less busy with a large picture in the yellow frame!
First Birthday!!!
So, that is it. The gift I made for the arrival of my sister's baby girl. I love how it turned out and really hope that they enjoy it for years to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment