Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Bubbles, Boats, and Bandages

We had a busy, fun-filled day yesterday! We went to "the lake" to visit with Ben's family. His cousin Wendy, Aunt Marta, and his cousin's kids Olivia and Cedric (and Olivia's friend Sarah) were in town from the west side of the state. We started the day getting up around 1030 (Miles got up around 730 and watched "Minnie").

Miles and I got ready while Ben went to an appointment.

Miles post bath in my "star" bathrobe and his "bear" towel.

When Ben got home, around 1:30, we hit the road, stopping at McDonald's for lunch and Starbucks for some fuel, ahem, I mean coffee. We arrived at the lake around 4pm due to our several stops and a construction delay. After arriving, we got changed into our swim attire, and headed down to the beach for some water fun.

He LOVES throwing rocks in the water and watching them splash. He entertained himself like this for quite a while.

Then we headed into the water. Don't mind me and my pasty legs and swimwear...

Miles wasn't too sure about it. He kept tyring to climb up me. I brought him in to the point of us being chest deep. We'll have to try a pool sometime and see if he likes that better! I thought he'd like floating in the water...

Then Wendy and Cedric went out in a kayak.

Notice Wendy NOT paddling? Cedric is paddling with his hands from his "seat" in the storage compartment!

Miles wanted to join in the boating fun, and began "dig-dig-dig"ing in the sand/water with and ore.

After a while, he decided that wasn't enough, he wanted to go out in the boat too!

So, we let him climb in. But, again, this wasn't satisfying enough, and he wanted to go into the water. So I took him out a little ways.

He loved it, but kept trying to put his hands in the water, which tipped the boat. I didn't let him tip out, but some day he's gonna have to learn that you can't stand and reach out of kayaks...

We headed back up to the cabin after some swimming and got ready for dinner. Miles wanted to play with bubbles while Ben grilled burgers, brauts and salmon.

He made a big mess, but did a pretty good job blowing bubbles, especially since the bottle says "4+" for age! He ate a lot of bubbles and cleaned the chair :)
We ate dinner, played around, and headed home around 8:30. He went straight to bed after the 90min drive and slept until 11:45 this morning!
Oh, and the bandages...notice all the band aides he has on his arms??? He has a new obsession with them...

No comments:

Post a Comment