Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Down by the water

Well, Adobe decided to quit working on me and shut down, and Blogger decided to not let me sign in and re-check my Internet settings (all of which were set correctly, anyhow). That took up some of my time. Ugh! I guess I'll just post some un-edited pictures of down by the water at the lake as I need to go shower and get ready for work.



View from the dock.


Miles and Grandma Sara.



Miles playing on the kayaks.


Sharing some rocks.




Mommy and Miles on the dock.


I'd love to do some editing to these photos. I enjoy editing photos, for the most part. Except when Photoshop decides to shut down and I haven't saved my pictures yet. Frustrating! I've started playing around with photos to get different effects. Increasing the color saturation, blurring backgrounds, changing contrast and shadows, sun-bleaching, darkening corners for a "vintage" feel, etc. Photoshop can do a lot of things!

MckMama over at My Charming Kids is also a photographer and rarely writes a post without photos (of her children, usually) in it. I love her photography and the things she does with editing. Though she has a fancy camera and I do not, I've found that I can get some of the same effects through editing that you can get with different settings on a fancy camera. I've also started playing around with different settings on my camera to see what it can and cannot do.

Perhaps I'll write a post soon with the things I've discovered in Photoshop. Soon, you know, when I have time...which is almost never :) I have many things on my list of things to do soon, like paint our bedroom, paint the rest of the trim going down to the basement, decorate our bedroom, refinish the headboard, edit some photos and order prints for our picture wall, clean our house top to bottom so we can get our carpets cleaned, etc, etc, etc... So much to do, so little time!

No comments:

Post a Comment