Wednesday, September 22, 2010

My Pregnancy: 35weeks

How Far Along: 35 weeks (and 2 days now!)





Weight Gain: I'm hanging out at about +34lbs, and apparently have been there since the beginning of August...apparently I can't read a scale! Baby is growing/gaining, and I am not. I suppose that is a good thing. Assuming I don't gain 16lbs in the next 5 weeks, I should gain less this time than last pregnancy (which was 50lbs).

Maternity Clothes: I'm bringing this one back this week. They are starting to no longer fit. Well, the shirts, mostly. Some of them are getting too short!
New Baby Buys: I'm trying to think of what I've purchased in the past two weeks and I don't think much for the baby. My coworkers did hold a shower for me and another coworker who is due a couple days after me. They got me the Rock n Play newborn sleeper from Fischer Price, some nursing pads, diapers, wipes, stroller organizer, car mirror, onsies, blankets, changing pad cover, and I think that is about it. We had a great time playing at the park, eating some snacks, and opening gifts from my very generous coworkers!
Here is our bump picture from the shower. On the left is Chrysta, who is 20wks pregnant with her second boy, then me, then Tiffany, who is two days behind me with her second boy!
I went shopping for a new coming home outfit for Isla, but didn't find anything I liked. It is getting harder than I thought. I also went shopping again today and struck out. I think I may be making some online purchases. We mostly just need some random odds and ends.
Belly Button Innie or Outtie: It's mostly flat, but the top part is sticking out sometimes. I think because she is so low it doesn't entirely go flat or pop out. It's about half and half.

Sleep: Just about the same. Getting up to use the bathroom. Getting sick of sleeping on my side. I can't wait to sleep on my back again. It is very difficult to roll over and I'm having a harder and harder time staying asleep and getting back to sleep if/when I wake up.

Symptoms: My heartburn is at bay with the Prilosec. My Tums consumption is waaaaayyyy down! So that is good. The back pain and hip pain is getting worse and the braxton hicks just keep coming. I'm starting to feel like I'll be ready for Isla's arrival in a few weeks here!

Gender: Still a girl and now has a middle name. She will be Isla Penelope M.!

Baby: Isla is now around 5-5.5lbs and about 18inches long. She should be fully developed and is finishing maturing her lungs. She should gain about a half pound a week from here on out! She would also no longer be considered a "direct admit" to the NICU at 35 weeks, but would have a 2hr transition period in which she would have to prove her respiratory maturity, ability to keep her temp and blood sugar up on her own, and her ability to eat from a bottle. This is kind of exciting, but also scary. Some of the sickest babies we see are born between 35 and 37 weeks. We call it "close to term, close to trouble". I'm shooting for anytime after 38weeks!


Movement: She is moving all over the place! We believe she is now head down. My doc did a quick check on Monday and believes that is the case. I'm also pretty sure I'm feeling a bum up top as well as her feet (which feel not no little!).

Things I'm Looking Forward to in the coming week: We're busting through my "nesting list" in a fairly timely fashion. The biggest project left is to clean the basement. Then we'll have our carpets cleaned. Hopefully this will all take place in the next week or two. I have some scrubbing to do (bathtub mostly), and some things to make (burp clothes and changing pad cover), and some last minute things to buy (random clothing items, diapering supplies/diaper bag supplies, and pumping accessories...yay!). Not sure how much of this we'll get done, but we're working on it. I also go to weekly doctors appointments now, so time is going to start flying by!

No comments:

Post a Comment