Wednesday, September 29, 2010

"Nursery" Reveal

First off, quick pregnancy update. A belly pic from this week, taken today at 36wk 2d. I'm up a total of 36lbs (2lbs since last week). I was hoping to not gain more than 40lbs this pregnancy, but that's looking like it might not happen :(. We'll see. Perhaps I should cut back on the Caramel Apple Sugar Babies I've been mass consuming! I'm starting to retain more fluid as my hands get pretty puffy throughout the day and my feet are starting to swell at night when I'm working. Overall, things are the same.

Isla is doing great, growing as she should, and worming and squirming around in there (still head down). As far as getting ready for her, we mainly need feeding supplies (pump parts) and random diaper bag supplies (diaper cream, change of clothes, wet bag, etc).



So, onto more exciting news, the "nursery" is finished!!!

I was being pretty indecisive about it, but decided to just do it.

On the wall to the left of the changing station/dresser, I drew on a magnolia branch free hand from a picture, then painted it in. I love how it turned out. I was going to purchase this as a vinyl decal from an etsy seller, but decided against spending the $40 and try my hand at painting it. I think I lucked out! Ben thinks it needs some green somewhere, but I'm not so sure. Maybe some leaves??? I kind of like it how it is, but we'll see.



I also painted a damask stencil border on the dresser drawers and painted the knobs pink. The stenciling isn't the most professional (the lines aren't crisp if you look closely), but I think it turned out alright.

Here is a full shot of Isla's corner. That is the Fisher Price Rock 'n Play sleeper, where Isla will hopefully sleep. It is small and very portable, which should be nice! That is a basket of diapers on the floor next to the dresser. There are diapers and wipes in the basket on the tower as well.



Also, as mentioned in my sewing projects post, I made a curtain out of this cute fabric (can't remember the name of the plant on it). It didn't occur to me when I bought the fabric that the branches would be horizontal instead of vertical, but oh, well. To make them vertical would have required quite a bit more fabric than I had purchased! It covers the changing pad covers, blankets, some extra diapers and wipes, and burp clothes.





One final picture of the whole corner with the curtain on the tower and the new changing pad cover I made.



And a close up of the magnolia branch/flowers.

Hope you like it! If you have any further suggestions, let me know. I thought about making some sort of mobile to hang from the ceiling (or paper lanterns, or paper poms), but decided that might be a bit much.

2 comments:

  1. It look great!

    What's the little cradle thingy? No grandpa cradle this time? I think I have a cradle pad cover if you're using the family cradle. I'll bring it with me. I also have the 3-6 mo clothes for you.

    ReplyDelete