Monday, May 17, 2010

My Pregnancy: 17 weeks



How Far Along: 17 weeks


Weight Gain: +7lbs (right on track)


Maternity Clothes: Pretty much everything I'm wearing now a days is maternity clothing. I can still get away with a few tanks and t-s from my pre-pregnancy wardrobe. I still have a wee bit of shopping I need to get done, however.


Sleep: I never feel like I get enough! I wake-up, or am woken up, several times during the day and night when I'm sleeping, plus I'm having to start adding the pillows to the bed. See symptoms below...


Symptoms: The heartburn has set in...ugh! It is worse at night (naturally) when I'm sleeping and working. I go through several Tums a day...gotta get my calcium in somehow, right?


Cravings: I guess I should put Cheeseburgers officially at the top of the list. I have had, oh, about 8 in the past week, and I'm not lying...


Gender: Still don't know for two more weeks. Looking forward to finding out if this is a boy or girl wiggling around in there! My doc seems to think it is a girl because they weren't able to guess at my 12wk ultrasound. She said if it were a boy, they can usually take a pretty good guess. We'll see! This pregnancy is very different from mine with Miles, so I go back and forth on what it is.


Baby: Baby is now about 5oz and about 5inches from crown to rump. Apparently the skeleton is starting to harden into bone some. Though I know it doesn't turn to full bone for a long time yet. When parents are afraid of their babies at my work (often 3lb preemies) and remark how easily we turn them over, pick them up, etc, I always tell them that their babe is kind of still made of rubber and is really hard to break or hurt them!


Movement: This baby is a movin' and a groovin'! I have felt movement several times a day during rest and activity for the past several days. It was really going this morning for quite awhile. I can't wait until the little kicks can be felt from the outside and Ben can feel them too.


Things I'm Looking Forward to in the coming week: Maybe the fatigue will end??? Soon??? I hope. Also looking forward to being one week closer to my anatomy scan ultrasound!

3 comments:

  1. You look great! Do you need some summer clothes? I could bring mine when I come over memorial day weekend. I'd be happy to. I don't need them now! So nice to not be pregnant for a while.

    ReplyDelete