Tuesday, June 15, 2010

21 weeks



How Far Along: 21 weeks (and 1 day now!)



Weight Gain: +16lbs According to the scale this week, I gained 6lbs in one week! 9lbs in 4 weeks(7lbs at the doctor's office). Is that even possible?!?! I remember gaining 8lbs in 4wks between 20 and 24weeks with Miles. Hopefully that big gain just came a month early this time around!



Maternity Clothes: Across the board, though I've been sneaking into a few pair of normal capris with my belly band.



Sleep: I'm still not sleeping all that well. I'm still waking up to every little thing! Still doing ok without any pillows for support, but often find myself waking up on my back.

Symptoms: The heartburn has gotten worse again. It is notably worse from about 3-7 in the morning while at work. I've been eating Tums like it's candy. It does work, though!

Cravings: Nothing really. Not sure what contributed to the weight gain this week :(

Gender: It's still a girl! (as far as I know) :)


Baby: According to www.babycenter.com, my baby is about 12oz now and about 1o.5 inches from head to toe. Her eyebrows and eyelids are now present/forming.


Movement: Isla is getting very active. I've noticed that she is more active in the evenings and at night (though she doesn't wake me up yet...Miles never did). This could be that I don't notice her when I'm more active, but she seems to be developing a pattern.

Things I'm Looking Forward to in the coming week: My birthday is on Saturday, so I guess that is something. We might go out and do some shopping/dinner/movie date night, so that should be fun. Not sure what I want to shop for, but I'll keep you posted!

3 comments:

  1. Happy birthday Carrie! Do you want me to mail you some of my summer maternity clothes? I'd be happy to. I have a little present for Isla, I could throw them all together int he mail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and I slept on my back until I just physically couldn't take it anymore, probably around 35 weeks. It's not really a big deal usually.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That would be great! I forgot to get back to you before you came over a few weeks ago (I think you asked me about the clothes then). I'll take whatever you've got. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete